Anima Cactus Serum
Anima has Latin origins. It refers to the soul, especially the irrational part of the soul as distinguished from the rational mind. Here's hoping that Anima stirs your soul to become a life-enhancing element within the greater Earth community.
Plant allies often work better together. Anima is proof of that. The natural bright pink colour of this serum is courtesy of cactus fruit and lingonberry extracts. These potent powders are added to a base that is infused with hyaluronic acid, milk thistle oil, buchu leaf extract, and heather extract. All of these ingredients work synergistically to terrific effect.
"Heather extract is primarily sourced from the flowers and leaves of the Common Heather (Calluna vulgaris) plant, which is native to Europe, Asia, and North America. Heather extract has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to soothe irritated skin, reduce redness and inflammation. It is also rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage."
"The prickly pear cactus, also called nopal or Opuntia, is native to the Americas and is often used as food. It’s rich in essential fatty acids, omega-6 and -9, and vitamin E—additionally offering antioxidant protection from free radicals, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties. It’s also high in amino acids, which stimulate collagen production and promote faster cell turnover. And it contains vitamin K, which contributes to skin elasticity and some believe it may help brighten under-eye circles."
"Milk thistle seed oil is a rich source of numerous types of antioxidants known as polyphenols. Chief among them is silymarin, which contains flavonolignans. These are what’s responsible for silymarin’s soothing, reparative benefits when applied to skin. These antioxidants also give this plant ingredient the ability to neutralize highly damaging hydroxyl radicals that can form when skin is exposed to UV light. Silymarin and its derivative silybin have also been shown to visibly reduce dark spots."
"The fragrant herb buchu [pronounced boo-koo], belongs to the Rutaceae family of flowers. Buchu Leaf Extract is said to be helpful with reducing excess sebum, minimizing the appearance of large pores and mattifying shiny skin, thus improving the skin’s overall appearance and texture."
"Lingonberry extract comes from a wild-growing Scandinavian-native berry. It is a great source of polyphenols that defend skin against environmental damage. The pigments that give these berries their red color are known as proanthocyanidins, and these have potent skin-calming and antioxidant ability. Lingonberries are also a good source of the mineral manganese, which helps form the skin-essential enzymatic antioxidants superoxide dismutase."
- Handmade to order
- Housed in a clear glass dropper bottle
- Shelf Life: best used within 6 - 8 months.
- Storage: Keep in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture. Can be stored in the fridge.
- Your Ritual: After cleansing, toning, and applying eye cream, dispense a small amount and gently pat onto slightly damp face and neck until fully absorbed. Follow with your favorite moisturizer to seal everything in place. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. At night, you may use it as the last step in your skincare routine.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Cactus Fruit Powder Extract, Lingonberry Powder Extract,1,3-Propanediol, Buchu Leaf Extract, Milk Thistle Oil, Heather Extract, Hydroxyethyl Urea, D-Panthenol, Vegetable Glycerin, Liquid Germall Plus, Clover Fragrance Oil.