EMBUN is our dew-it-all serum. We've loaded it with three types of skin-nourishing ceramides, tara gum and hyaluronic acid to help support your skin barrier and increase moisture levels. Sometimes, it’s as simple as giving the skin back what it’s lost.
We also wanted EMBUN to be glow-boosting and work to unify your skin tone. For that, we've spiked the formula with a stable form of Vitamin C, Buchu Leaf Extract, Guava Extract, and Niacinamide. All in all, EMBUN is poised to be utterly dreamy, leaving skin as juicy as it is glow-y.
"3-O ethyl ascorbic acid is a stable derivative of pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that offers all of the primary benefits vitamin C is known for. This includes brightening, wrinkle reduction, visible firming, fading hyperpigmentation to restore a more even skin tone and offsetting numerous triggers of environmental damage."
"Niacinamide can help visibly reduce enlarged pores and improve uneven/dull skin tone. It also strengthens a weakened skin barrier, and can help repair damage from UV light while offsetting other sources of environmental attack (including the negative impact of airborne pollutants). Furthermore, it helps fortify skin’s surface against moisture loss and dehydration."
"A ceramide is a lipid molecule which plays an essential role in both water-retention function and barrier function in the outer layer of skin. Ceramides ensure that trans-epidermal water loss does not occur too quickly by holding onto water in the skin.
In addition, ceramides can reduce free radicals in the skin that destroy elastin and collagen. Ceramides hold skin cells firmly together in the uppermost skin layer. This not only keeps the fluid in the skin but also protects it from allergens and external aggressors."
"Tara Gum is viscosity-enhancing ingredient that is also categorized as a polysaccharide (complex sugar) that is hydrating for skin. Rich in vitamins C and B, Tara Gum is reputed for its ability to prevent dehydration while protecting skin's moisture barrier."
"The fragrant herb buchu [pronounced boo-koo], belongs to the Rutaceae family of flowers. Buchu Leaf Extract is said to be helpful with reducing excess sebum, minimizing the appearance of large pores and mattifying shiny skin, thus improving the skin’s overall appearance and texture."
"The naturally high concentration of Vitamin C in guava should boost the amount of collagen production in the skin, helping to lessen the visibility of fine lines. Guava is also a natural source of Vitamin E and other bioactive antioxidants, such as gallic acid, catechin, chlorogenic acid, rutin, quercetin, beta-carotene, and lycopene. That makes it a compelling option to both protect against and repair damage from oxidative stressors."
- oil- and fragrance free
- Handmade in small batches
- Housed in an amber glass dropper bottle (the clear bottle pictured is to show what the serum looks like)
- Storage: Keep in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture. Can be stored in the fridge.
- Shelf Life: best used within 8 - 10 months
- Your Ritual: After cleansing, toning, and applying eye cream, dispense a small amount and gently pat onto slightly damp face and neck until fully absorbed. Follow with your favorite moisturizer to seal everything in place. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. At night, you may use it as the last step in your skincare routine.
- Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) Powder, 3-O Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), 1,3-Propanediol, Buchu Leaf Extract, Tara Gum, Ceramide Complex (Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, phytosphingosine, cholesterol), Hydroxyethyl Urea, Glycerin, Guava Extract, Niacinamide, Liquid Germall Plus.