Grim Botany Multi-use Oil
Not all beauty oils are created equal. Branch out in your quest for natural-looking luminosity with Grim Botany.
It's important to stress that the function of a beauty oil is to help seal in the hydration and ingredients of anything else you've already applied on your face.
Grim Botany consists of several oils blended to encourage happier skin and/or hair with continued use. While you’re treating your complexion, you can make these blends work harder for you by applying it on your body and hair too.
"Babassu oil comes from the seed of the Orbignya Oleifera plant that is native to Brazil. Of the total fatty acid content in babassu oil, almost half of it is lauric acid. Lauric acid is naturally present in skin’s oil, and plays an important role in bolstering skin's natural defenses."
"Grapeseed oil, is a lightweight oil extracted from the seeds of grapes. Largely known for its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, grapeseed oil also contains high amounts of omega fatty acids and vitamin E."
"Sunflower oil is non-comedogenic and quickly absorbs into the skin. It contains high levels of linoleic acid, and is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties that could help calm the skin."
"Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins B and E, as well as minerals like copper and zinc. It is as close to your skin's natural oil as possible. This is why it can help balance out oil production and typically feels lightweight."
"Meadowfoam (aka Limnanthes alba) seed oil is composed of mostly fatty acids and antioxidant components such as vitamin E as well as phytosterols. It has a unique, velvety texture that is emollient without being greasy."
- Made in small batches
- Housed in a glass dropper bottle
- Shelf Life: Best used within 11 months of purchase
- IMPORTANT: Grim Botany is infused with one essential oil (in each blend) for fragrance/aromatherapy purposes. Essential oils can cause irritation or trigger an adverse/allergic skin reactions. Please perform a patch test before use. Please avoid if you have sensitive skin.
- Good to know: Best used at night, as the last step of your PM skincare routine.
- Your Ritual: Face oils typically work best as the last step in your skincare routine to seal in all the moisture underneath it. Put one to two drop in the palm of your hand (yes, that's all you need), mix it with a little bit of hydrosol. Spread the emulsion between your palms, pat it on skin (face and neck) or massage it using a sweeping upward and outward motion. Avoid direct contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. If skin irritation develops, please discontinue use.
- Your Ritual (hair): Once hair is dry, apply directly to the ends of your hair to soften and smooth.
- Your Ritual (body): Mix a drop with your favorite body lotion, cream or butter to enhance its benefits.
- Ingredients: Babassu Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Essential Oil (Geranium/Lavender/Rosemary).