Inseedious — Moisturizing Hair Milk
Temperature spikes are insidious. Sure, we feel it on our skin, but it can be easily dismissed as quirky weather because we do not see it or experience it like other extreme weather phenomena. The heat we’re experiencing right now can put our skin and hair through the ringer. Between the more frequent showers and increased number of shampoo days, your hair may be pretty parched.
Enter Inseedious. A moisturizing milk leave-in for hair that is not very tolerant of oils in this heat. It has a featherweight consistency that adds moisture and subtle shine to your strands without weighing it down, even during the hottest days.
“Just as milk is beneficial for skin, it is said to be a good source of nourishment for hair. Almond milk is packed with protein, fatty acids, Vitamin A, E, and calcium. These components team up to help strengthen hair, reduce the risk of breakage, protect (from the inside and out) and condition it. The cosmetic grade almond milk used in this formulation contains proteins, lipids and sugars from the fruit of Prunus amygdalus v. dulcis L.”
"A hydrolyzed protein is a large protein molecule that has gone through a chemical process that is broken down in a way that allows it to penetrate the hair cuticle. Proteins, in general, are good for high-porosity and damaged hair. They temporarily fill in cracks caused by heat or chemical damage.”
"Hydrolyzed silk protein can improve hair's tensile strength, increase its ability to retain moisture, and reinforce hair fibers, thanks to its cysteine content, one of the main amino acids needed to produce keratin. It adds volume, shine, elasticity and helps form a protective barrier."
"Hydrolyzed soy protein can bolster hair's capacity for retaining moisture while improving shine and smoothness. It comes with the added perk of isoflavones, which can protect the scalp and hair from UVB-induced free radical damage."
"Amaranthus caudatus seed extract contains a high concentration of peptides (small strands of protein) and polysaccharides. It can be helpful to improve manageability, reduce friction between strands, which in turn increases bounce and movement, as well as enhance shine for healthier-looking hair."
- Handmade to order
- Housed in a clear glass spray bottle
- Smells like: powdery florals with a subtle woody-fruitiness
- Storage: Keep in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture. Can be stored in the fridge.
- Shelf Life: Best used within 6 - 8 months.
- Your Ritual: Shake bottle before each use. Spray bursts through the mid-length and ends of clean damp towel dried hair. Start with 1 – 2 sprays and increase as needed. Comb through with a wide tooth comb to disperse it evenly throughout your hair, then leave it be. Remember to always start with the ends and work your way up. Combing through will allow the right amount of product to reach the roots without the product having to be directly applied there. You can also opt to spray it on your palms and then finger comb hair. Finally, style as you normally would.
- Curly Hair Ritual/Tips: Best used after your washing routine, and before applying gel or other styling products. If you prefer not to comb through, spray Inseedious on your palm and gently spread it between both hands. Then tilt your head forward and rake through the length of your hair for an even coating. Afterwards, scrunch your hair up in your hand in sections. Repeat this step until you've scrunched all of your hair around your head, avoiding the roots. Tilting your head to the side that you are applying product to can be helpful. Finally, style as usual and try not to touch your hair while it’s drying. Touching can lead to frizz or poor curl definition.
- Ingredients: Sweet Almond Milk (cosmetic grade), Aqua, Birch Sap, Dipalmitoylethyl Dimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Glyceryl Monostearate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, D-Panthenol, Liquid Germall Plus, White Blossom and Crisp Green Fruit Fragrance Oil.