Isira Kiwi + Kale Serum
If you slather on green skincare and smell like a green smoothie, can true health be far behind? Start here, if you’re looking to build a skincare routine with the power of a smoothing superfruit, kiwi.
In Sanskrit, isira means juicy, succulent, refreshing, and or fresh. These are all words I associate with the kiwi fruit and the reason why it's the star of this new serum alongside kale.
New Zealand is famous for the sweet green-fleshed kiwi fruit. But what some may not know is that oil from the seeds of the fruit is great for skin. Kiwi seed oil is mainly comprised of alpha linolenic acid, a key component in the omega-3 series.
Kiwi Seed Oil + Kiwi Extract:
"In moisturizing products, fatty acids such as omega-3 play an important role in improving skin barrier function. Topical application of kiwi seed oil can be useful for providing soothing relief to dry, uncomfortable tight skin."
"Kiwi Seed Oil and Extract also contain antioxidants like Vitamin C, E and K that help to brighten your complexion, moisturize, soften the appearance of fine lines and heal dark spots. It is also an excellent source of several polyphenols, and the carotenoid antioxidant lutein. They can help defend skin from the visible effects of airborne pollutants."
Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein:
"It is important to know that putting collagen into your skin isn't going to stimulate other collagen, sadly enough. However, collagen is known for having great moisturizing benefits when applied topically. This can make the skin can feel softer and smoother."
"Heather extract has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to soothe irritated skin, reducing redness and inflammation. It is rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage."
"Kale plant extract is a rich source of antioxidants for skin such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, chlorogenic acid, and numerous types of glucosinolates, compounds which break down to help defend skin and the body (when kale is eaten) from carcinogenic threats."
"Kale is a nutrient-rich plant that can help skin defend itself from environmental aggressors such as UV light and airborne pollutants. Kale leaf has also been shown to help strengthen surface skin cells as a means of keeping its moisture barrier intact and smooth."
"The oligosaccharides obtained from chicory root act by forming a film on the surface of the skin, smoothing it out and eliminating expression lines, with a lifting effect. It has been shown to have an immediate and medium term tightening effect on the skin."
"Hydroxyethyl Urea is a derivative of urea, that works as a strong moisturizer and humectant meaning that it helps the skin to cling onto water and thus makes it hydrated and elastic. It keeps the outer layer of the skin moisturized and balanced at its healthiest state."
- Handmade to order
- Housed in a clear glass dropper bottle
- Shelf Life: best used within 6 - 8 months.
- Storage: Keep in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture. Can be stored in the fridge.
- Your Ritual: After cleansing, toning, and applying eye cream, dispense a small amount and gently pat onto slightly damp face and neck until fully absorbed. Follow with your favorite moisturizer to seal everything in place. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. At night, you may use it as the last step in your skincare routine.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Kiwi Seed Oil, Kiwi Extract, Kale Powder Extract, 1,3-Propanediol, Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Heather Extract, Chicory Root Oligosaccharides, Tara Seed Gum, D-Panthenol, Vegetable Glycerin, Liquid Germall Plus, Sage & Sea Salt Fragrance Oil.