Livid Lotus Hydrosol Toner
A hydrosol is the water that remains after the process of extracting an essential oil from a botanical material through hydro-distillation or steam distillation. Our Livid Lotus, a blue lotus hydrosol toner, is one example of this. The blue lotus is a type of water lily that typically grows in tropical areas. It is also known as the Egyptian lotus.
“Throughout history, the lotus flower has been held in high esteem. The ancient Egyptian, Hindu and Buddhist cultures consider it sacred, and it has important symbolic meanings that vary from culture to culture. It can self-purify and self-cleanse, and it blooms gracefully above mud and murky waters. It is a true representation of resilience and rejuvenation."
"The blue lotus holds cultural importance as well. Historians believe it was once used in ancient Egypt as a traditional remedy, for rituals, and in cosmetics. Images of the flower have been found on ancient papyri and the walls of tombs.”
In the realm of skincare, blue lotus flower extract is classified as a skin conditioning agent. This hydrosol could be beneficial for moisturizing the skin, balancing oil production, and soothing irritated skin.
There are a few ways you can add a hydrosol to your beauty rituals besides using it as a gentle toner. Here are some ideas:
- Use it in place of water when you mix powdered masks.
- Wipe it over your face to remove the grime of the day and refresh the skin.
- Combine it with a face or body oil (in your palm) to help the oil absorb into the skin.
- Mist your skin with it right before applying a serum or moisturizer to help those products absorb better.
- 50ml or 100ml
- Housed in PET plastic spray bottle(s)
- Imported from Egypt and sourced in small batches
- Your Ritual: After cleansing, spritz your skin generously with a hydrosol and leave it to dry. Alternatively, you can dampen a clean cotton ball or reusable face round with your chosen hydrosol and gently blot the skin all over your face and neck. Feel free to gently sweep it across your face, using upward strokes (if you'd like) before allowing it to dry. Continue with the next step in your morning and night skincare routine.
- Ingredient: Blue Lotus Hydrosol.