LUMINA — Oil-Free Moisturizer
See you never, greasy skin.
Finding the right moisturizer that leaves your skin smooth and shine-free isn't always easy. You want a formula that’s lightweight but still comforting, moisturizing but not greasy—something that will balance and clarify your complexion, ultimately keeping it healthy and happy.
LUMINA is an oil-free moisturizer that packs in the hydrating power of traditional creams, delivering the moisture your skin needs while keeping sebum production in check. As a bonus, LUMINA absorbs quicker-than-your-average moisturizer, saving you some time in between skin-care and makeup application.
"Ceramides are waxy lipids that can be found naturally in the outer layer of the skin. They play an important role in keeping the skin barrier healthy and the skin hydrated. Think of them as the mortar between your skin cells, forming a protective layer that limits moisture loss and protects against visible damage from pollution and other environmental stressors.
As skincare ingredients, ceramides can be derived from plants or bio-identical forms can be created synthetically. When used in skincare to help replenish what is lost (the amount of ceramides present in our skin naturally drops over time as we get older), they are known to improve skin barrier strength, hydration, and suppleness."
"Niacinamide is a versatile skincare ingredient that’s beneficial for a wide range of skin concerns. It helps the skin produce more ceramides, ingredients that are essential for maintaining a strong and healthy skin barrier."
"Published research tells us that this vitamin works with the natural substances in your skin to help visibly minimize enlarged pores, tighten lax or stretched out pores, improve uneven skin tone, soften fine lines and wrinkles, and diminish dullness."
"Aquaxyl is an innovative powerhouse that optimizes the skin’s hydration flow. It is made up of plant derived sugars and humectants (Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, and Xylitol). Together they protect the skin from trans epidermal water loss (TEWL) and increase the synthesis of essential components of skin such as dermal and epidermal hyaluronic acid, ceramides, lipids, polysaccharides, and Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF)."
"Pineapple extract has antioxidant, skin soothing and exfoliating properties from its vitamin c content, the anti-inflammatory enzyme bromelain, and naturally-occurring glycolic acid. It also contains salicylates. Salicylates work both on the skin’s surface and deep in the pores, meaning they offer unparalleled skill at unclogging pores. As a result, it’s a great option for acne or congestion-prone skin."
"The fragrant herb of buchu [pronounced boo-koo], which belongs to the Rutaceae family of flowers, has been used for centuries in South Africa. Buchu Leaf Extract is said to be helpful with reducing excess sebum, minimizing the appearance of large pores and mattifying shiny skin, thus improving the skin’s overall appearance and texture."
"Calendula is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that soothes and calms skin, can potentially help speed up wound healing. If you have ragweed (or similar plant) sensitivities, topical application of calendula is not recommended."
- 30g / 50g
- oil- and fragrance-free
- Handmade to order
- Housed in an amber glass bottle with a pump applicator
- Storage: Keep in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture. Can be stored in the fridge.
- Shelf Life: Best used within 6 - 8 months.
- Your Ritual: After cleansing, apply a small amount on skin (start with one pump) using upward circular motions. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. At night, use as the last step in your skincare routine.
- Ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Carbomer, Aquagel, Glycerin, Ceramide Complex (Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholestrol), Buchu Leaf Extract, Pinapple Extract, Aquaxyl, Calendula Extract, Niacinamide, 1,3-Propanediol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.