Scentient Being — Body Spray no.4
Scentient Being no.4 is bracing and green-forward at first before revealing subtly rising herbaceous notes and sweet florals. It then settles in with smooth vanilla, drying down from its snappy entrance into a musky, woodsy undercurrent.
This blend is inspired by a memory from my childhood. It involves tip-toeing to look for sugar-coated fennel seeds heaped in a small dish by the register at Indian restaurants.
If perfume is armchair travel, let no.4 take you on a trip to the kitchens across India and Italy. Imagine a produce box with nestling delicate packages of soft, fragrant green things, shoots and roots. Your mood lifts accordingly and you welcome many more vegetal summery things into your fragrance wardrobe.
No. 4 has herbaceous, fruity, woody, musky, peppery, and powdery nuances. There is a zing courtesy of sage with its eucalyptus-like undertones, and niaouli's camphoraceous and earthy scent. Overall, it is herby, woody, and gourmand in the best way.
The perfume works with your body chemistry to create a smell that is unique to the individual. No.4 has herbaceous and woody top, middle, and base notes that open and reveal themselves throughout the day as they alchemize with your skin.
Top: Green Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Niaouli, Lavender, Clove, Rosemary.
Heart: Sweet Fennel, Chamomile, Lemon Peel, Mandarin, White Lily, Patchouli, Violet, Pepper, White Musk, Sage.
Base: Dark Musk, Tobacco, Vetiver, Vanilla, Cranberry, Cedarwood, Nutmeg, Amber, Balsam Fir, Pine, Galbanum, Indian Sandalwood.
- Handmade in small batches
- Housed in a clear plastic bottle with a white cap
- Important: Always perform a patch test before applying any new fragrance. A patch test can easily be done by applying the fragrance on your inner elbow and waiting 24-48 hours. If you experience any redness or irritation discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Good To Know: Avoid spraying near or on fabrics to prevent any potential discoloration. As with all fragrances, body chemistry has everything to do with the outcome of the scent and endurance.
- Storage: Store away from direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Shelf Life: Best used within the first year of purchase.
- Your Ritual: Shake well before each use to awaken the scent. Spray lightly on pulse points. To make the scent last longer, apply on moisturized skin or spray the fragrance in the air and walk through it.
- Ingredients: Proprietary blend of essential oils, Proprietary blend of fragrance oils, Synthetic mixture of volatile oils.