Tenacious Tamarind Fade Away Mask
The goal of Tenacious Tamarind Fade Away Mask is to gradually decrease the severity of dark spots, uneven skin tone, old acne scars and other discolourations. It's fragrance-free, so even those with sensitivities can indulge.
Crafted with tamarind extract, jicama (yam bean) extract, aloe vera juice, and refined watermelon seed oil, this mask delivers a potent combination of brightening, exfoliating and moisturizing ingredients. Because of its thick, lotion-like texture, you can easily use it as a spot treatment to target small or large areas of your skin (on your face or other parts of your body).
“Aloe barbadensis leaf juice is the juice expressed from the leaves of the aloe plant. In the realm of skin care, it is commonly used for its soothing properties and skin-calming effects. Aloe barbadensis leaf juice can also be used as a film former, humectant, and skin-conditioning agent (emollient) in various types of cosmetic products.
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice has been deemed safe by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert Panel."
"Watermelon seed oil is a non-fragrant plant oil that contains several fatty acids which, in combination, hydrate, replenish, and soothe skin. The seed oil’s fatty acids include palmitic, linoleic, oleic, and stearic.
This clear to pale yellow oil has a lighter feel on skin due to its higher concentration of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. It is not known to clog pores, but this can be a highly individual response.
Watermelon seeds are also excellent sources of polyphenolic and flavonoid antioxidants plus vitamin C, vitamin E, and B vitamins thiamine and riboflavin."
While there aren't many studies currently available on the benefits of applying tamarind extract on skin, it is possible to focus on its chemical elements to estimate its potential. Based on what we've read, tamarind extract contains "tartaric acid, malic acid, ascorbic acid and beta-carotene. Tamarind extract's enzymes, antioxidants and alpha hydroxyl acids can help remove dead skin cells as well".
"Native to Africa, the tamarind fruit bears an abundance of vitamins and minerals that are wondrously helpful for your skin. Providing your skin with the natural components it needs to flourish is the fast track to obtaining a healthy complexion. Tamarind is said to be fantastic for smoothing an uneven tone and relaxing stressed skin."
"Jicama (scientific name Pachyrhizus erosus) is a vine native to Mexico that is also known as Mexican yam bean or Mexican turnip. According to research, this root vegetable has several benefits for the skin.
Jicama extract is rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants that can help to protect and nourish skin, gradually fade dark spots, and even out your skin tone.
It also contains inulin, a prebiotic that supports a healthy skin microbiome. Additionally, its natural enzymes help to gently exfoliate skin, leaving it looking brighter and more radiant."
- Handmade to order or in small batches
- Housed in an amber glass bottle with a white plastic pump
- CAUTION: NOT for use around your eyes. This is an active product. A gentle tingling sensation lasting a few minutes and temporary redness lasting up to 2 hours may occur and will subside naturally. We recommend trying this product in the evening for first time users, so that any temporary redness subsides during beauty sleep.
- Your Ritual: Apply a small amount to cleansed skin. Leave on for 10-20 minutes, starting at the lower end if you have sensitive skin. Once finished, rinse well with lukewarm water. Follow with a treatment product, such as a toner, serum, mask, or moisturizer, for your skin type.
- Frequency: One to two times per week after cleansing skin, or as needed.
- Storage: Keep in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Carbomer, Aquagel 35 C, Glycerin, Watermelon Seed Oil, Tamarind Extract, Jicama (Yam Bean) Extract, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate.
I came in with zero expectations, and I was blown away with the results of this mask. It smooths out all the little bumps on my face and creates such a smooth canvas. The mask itself goes on like a serum, providing lots of hydration and has a lightweight cream type of consistency. Would highly recommend, the brother who works at the petrol station said that my skin has brightened up, despite me working outdoors for the past month. Bottom line is, IT WORKS!