Kurl Curd — Definition & Hair Styling
There's nothing like flexing your natural hair texture. Maintaining definition can be an issue, especially when you're dealing with humidity, but, Kurl Curd is here to help. Think of it as a cross between a conditioning serum and a hair gelée.
Use Kurl Curd in moderation for smooth, shiny, nourished strands without that crunchy stiffness or weight. Play around with using your curd alone, or on top of a leave-in conditioner and an oil. Like all hair products, it’s a trial-and-error situation to find out what works best for your locks.
Vitamin B5: It can help prevent moisture loss and smooth the cuticle of each strand. It’s touted as a weightless volumizer that lifts hair and makes it look fuller and softer. The strength, volume, and structure it creates is soft and moveable. Panthenol's binding properties allow it to coat and seal the hair follicles, lubricating the shaft and making the hair appear glossy and brilliant.
Tea Tree: Soothes the scalp, treats dandruff, and improves overall scalp health.
Silk Protein: It can strengthen and reinforce locks, thanks to its content of cysteine, one of the main amino acids needed to produce keratin. And because silk proteins possess an insane ability to retain water, they infuse the hair with moisture and repair damage. It’s a one-two punch: hydration and strengthening.
- Light hold + conditioning + shine
- Housed in a clear glass jar
- Storage: best kept refrigerated. Can be kept in a dark drawer/cupboard/a cool and dry place, away from direct or high heat and moisture.
- Shelf Life: Best used within 6 - 8 months.
- Note: Despite its name, Kurl Curd works for all hair types and/or textures. In any case, even on different days, you may need additional product(s) to achieve the level of definition you desire.
- Your Ritual (for curly hair): For better hold and definition, Kurl Curd is best applied on washed wet/damp hair, before towel drying. You may comb through your hair (once) with a wide tooth comb/ detangling brush beforehand. Start with a 10 to 20-cent coin sized OR pea sized amount in the palm of your hand, spread it between your palms, flip your hair over, gently scrunch the curd in and pulse wet/damp hair. You can add a little water into your palm as well to help with distribution. Adjust the amount based on the length of your hair. Hair can be diffused or air-dried but remember touching it during the drying time will lead to frizz.
- Your Ritual (for wavy/straight hair types): Work small amounts (start with a pea sized amount) of gel through washed wet/damp hair as needed. Define and style as desired. Hair can be diffused or air-dried but remember touching it during the drying time will lead to frizz.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Tea Tree Hydrosol (Australia), Olivem 300, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyquaternium 7, D-Panthenol (Vitamin B5), PVP VA 64, Nasturtium Clover Fragrance Oil, Liquid Germall Plus, Bergamot Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil.
Hands down THE BEST CURL STYLING CREAM IN TOWN! I've tried expensive curl creams, and mixed a few types to get the best curls. However, nothing worked as perfect as the Kurl Curd. All I have to do is apply a little on my wet hair and scrunch!